As the year 2012 approaches, one thing is on every one’s mind, “What will Beyonce and Jay-Z name their musical prodigy baby?” Ok, maybe not everyone, but a good chunk of us will be while the rest of the crazies are stock piling canned goods and bottled water as December 21, 2012 draws near. This date is regarded as the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar. A New Age interpretation of this transition is that this date marks the start of time in which Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era, ie Britney and Justin will get back together and make beautiful music/babies together. Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe, ie Britney going cray-cray again and shaving her head. Either way, there are several things that I would like to see happen in 2012 to make me a happier person as Armageddon encroaches.
- Soccer to become huge in the USA: I mean, who doesn’t like to watch cute boys run around in short shorts? Also, I love scarfs and am jealous that mainstream sports here don’t rally around the team scarfs apparel.
- Adele to release a new album: If this means I have to hire a boy to make her fall in love with and then have him break her heart, I will do it.
- Reality TV to stop: For god’s sake, if this is our last year on Earth, let’s not allow Dancing With The Stars and America’s Next Top Model to be the last thing we watch. I am not okay with mediorce celebrities trying to Samba be the last thing I watch on TV.
- To see exactly what is in this “Disney Vault”: Every few months or so, Disney plasters our TVs with commercials touting that you must buy this film before it goes back in the vault! AKA until a new medium of presenting the film in higher quality is made available. I want access - I bet Obama doesn’t even know what is in there!
- End Time Zones: People may think I am crazy - or just a little slow - but the whole Time Zone idea just confuses me. Let’s say about December 1st, 2012, we just all change our clocks to the exact same time so that as the world is ending I can call my friend before the end of the world - because sometimes that one hour difference matters!
- MTV to start playing music videos again during the daytime: I love, love, love music videos. I think it really adds to the songs and the artist’s vision for recording the music. If not for VEVO, I don’t know where I would see them. So, how about the folks over at MTV stop playing 16 & Pregnant for a couple hours a day and actually air some music television! Also, let’s bring back TRL - I’ll volunteer to host.
- Finish the rest of Veronica Mars: I just need five or six new episodes to tell me WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED NEXT!